Saturday, March 29, 2008

3.29.08

It's been a murderous 3 weeks at work. New computer system, lots of O.T., lots of stress. I have been exhausted, and haven't wanted to think about what I've been eating. So I haven't been. I've been using food as solace. The good thing is, I've been hovering around the same weight, so I haven't done too much damage.

I started back with mindful eating today. And I'm doing an experiment with my beloved cottage cheese. Maybe if I make it more common, I won't feel the need to gobble it all down so quickly. So I bought 2 cartons yesterday. I can have a little every day. It's going to be there, so I can always have more. One of the girls in the ISU study suggested cottage cheese on an english muffin with jam. I don't like sweet so much with my cottage cheese, so this morning I had a lightly butter sourdough english muffin with 2/3 cup cottage cheese. A little bland. Tomorrow, I will add something else. Maybe some bacon, or perhaps some pasta sauce. I know, sounds weird, but I like weird.

No comments: