Sunday, April 13, 2008

4.13.2008

Went to a new Chinese buffet in town tonight. Grand opening special, 50% off coupon. They had a large, varied selection, including sushi. I put into practice the concept we learned in my mindful eating training of gourmet, not glutton. I had a little of many different things. I left food on my plate if I didn't like it, and didn't feel guilty about it. I ate a little too much, but left feeling a little past full, not stuffed, miserable and bloated like I would have in the past.

I was talking to Sean afterwards about how I feel a buffet is kind of a waste of money if you're not going to put on the feed bag, unless you have the 50% off coupons like we did. He suggested I see it as a way to try a lot of different things, not to eat too much. I think that was mentioned in the mindful eating training, too. So that's how I'm going to look at a buffet now. Not that I still want to go very often. Still feels pretty tempting.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Yikes! Like we need another freaking Chinese buffet in this town! Blech!