Monday, April 21, 2008

4.21.2008

Eating went well this week-end. I got inspired Saturday by a cooking show, and made brown rice w/roasted veggies (zucchini, red and yellow pepper, and onion, and a lot of spices, and olive oil) and baked chicken. Sunday, fixed some pasta w/turkey ham, peas, olive oil and parm. Even did okay today, and got in a walk this afternoon. Had a subway foot long for dinner (roast beast, one of 6 under 6, so even at a foot long, not too bad. and loaded it up w/veggies) Then what do I go and do? Eat a half a box of cheese-its. GAAAA!!!

But let's focus on the good. One slip, lots of good. And I will get right back on the good wagon.

And I think I know what knocked me off the wagon...sugar. After lunch, I had a small snack-size bag of skittles to get rid of the Chinese food breath. Then I had some peanut brittle. So, let's be honest...3 bad things to all the good. Still, I will get right back on the good wagon. All is not lost. My health educator from my insurance company called last week, and she reminded me not to beat myself up. (that doesn't count as exercise; right Shauna?!?!) When I slip, and I will, (or maybe even jump feet first!) I need to get over that, and be more careful for a few days to compensate for the infraction. I can do that. I can be positive and supportive of myself. I didn't blow everything with one (or 3) slips. I am still learning to eat in a more healthy and appropriate manner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! I love you!
Mom