Saturday, June 02, 2007

6/2/07

Wednesday night, I did a Pilate's for beginners DVD that I picked up at Dollar Tree, one of my FAVORITE stores. I thought it was pretty good stretching, but really realized how much so on Thursday, when my quads were quite tender. Especially getting up and down all day getting patients' tickets. Thursday, I mowed the front yard and about 3/4 of the back. Nothing on Friday.

Eating for Thursday was pretty good. Yesterday, not so much. It was very busy at work, and we were short handed. So, looking back, I think it was just stress eating. The day went well, and we all worked together well, but it was non-stop, and carby goodness seemed comforting.

I'm hoping to go with some friends to the Fairbanks Park Art & Music Festival ("Dirt Fest" to the locals) today and enjoy/indulge in some fair food. A couple of friends wanted to go, and it ends this week-end, but we haven't been able to get together yet. I think the plan is that we'll get several things and share, so we won't be completely pigging out.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Whaat a great idea to share! Then you will only end up having a couple of bites.

Tonight we went to see Pirates 3--I was satisfied w/ 2pcs of Nate's cookie dough candy.

Vashta Narada said...

Sharing's a good thing. That way you can try a lot of different things but not eat ALL of them.

I really like Pilates, but I have trouble fitting it into my schedule. I do my walking early in the morning and tried alternating it with the Pilates, but my muscles are too stiff in the morning and it's uncomfortable. In the afternoons I'm fine, but I'm often busy with appointments or errands. I'll have to try to make more of an effort to fit it in, though, because I really like how I feel after several sessions.