Tuesday, September 04, 2007

9/4/07

Last night I read a scripture that rocked my world.

8-10 "'But they rebelled against me, wouldn't listen to a word I said. None got rid of the vile things they were addicted to. They held on to the no-gods of Egypt as if for dear life. I seriously considered inflicting my anger on them in force right there in Egypt. Then I thought better of it. I acted out of who I was, not by how I felt. And I acted in a way that would evoke honor, not blasphemy, from the nations around them, nations who had seen me reveal myself by promising to lead my people out of Egypt. And then I did it: I led them out of Egypt into the desert.

Ezekiel 20:8-10, The Message

I acted out of who I was, not by how I felt. WOW! If I can get a handle on that verse, and actually live it out, it is going to make a difference not only in my eating, but my entire life. I'm a little hesitant to post this on here, because I try so many things and fail. But at least I'm trying. I haven't given up. And by posting here I can have some accountability.

I want to do some further study inspired by this verse. I'm going to research who I am in Christ; list some scriptures to remind myself of who I am and to whom I belong. And I do want to act in a way that brings honor to the God I claim to serve.

So, all that being said, I paid more attention to my eating today, and did will most of the day, except for a too large afternoon snack. But progress, not perfection. I certainly did better that yesterday. I will weigh in tomorrow, and I expect to be horrified by the results. But I'll post them anyhow.

No comments: