Saturday, September 29, 2007

9/29/07

The following was written 9/26:

344.7

Down a little bit. We have started a Bible Study group to study a book called Scale Down by Danna Demetre. She has no prescribed eating plan, but emphasises small changes over time that add up and make a change in lifestyle. The cover says "overcome bad habits, energize your lifestyle, renew your spirit, burn fat efficiently and lose weight for life!" Basically, replace your bad habits with good, change the way you think, and burn more calories that you take in. This week, we are working on 3 ways we can decrease the amount we eat, and 3 ways we can increase our activity. I've done better on the activity than the eating. One of my goals is no second helpings, but that is so hard for me. I did manage to achieve it yesterday. My other 2 eating goals are sugar free mints and gum, and more fruits and veggies. I've done better with my physical goals. I have climbed at least 1 flight of stairs each day, I am doing calf raises at the credit card machine, and parking farther away. Our group meets again on Thursday night.

9/29

Intentionally, willfully overate last night. But, it was just one meal, and I have not used it as an excuse to overeat today. As a matter of fact, I made a couple of really good choices today in not eating large quantities.

I am finding myself being a little resistant to change. Here's what I wrote in an e-mail to the other Scale Down Chix:

I seem to be finding that I am a little resistant to making changes. I know what is right to do, but am being a bit of a rebellious brat in doing it. But, I think it is probably part of making the changes in mind-set and life-style. I will take a while, but I am confident that God will do it if I let him. He who began a good work in me (us!) will be faithful to complete it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work- hope you can make it over this weekend-oh, grandma said that soup was the
best ever!!!!!! Love, mom

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]oolZOwToqMGiWLCw[/url] - ujZGxwfSUGRthh , http://yuxeflk.com