Monday, November 19, 2007

11/19/07

We finished up Scale Down for this session on Thursday. We did DDR after the class session, which was fun as always, and a good work-out. My eating is still up and down, but I do feel I have learned a lot in the class. Nothing that will change me overnight, but I am trying to implement small changes to add up over time. The biggest one, and the one I am really focusing on this week, is getting my devotional time in. Everything, including my eating, goes better when I do this. I am better equipped to deal with whatever ever life brings.

I bought cottage cheese and chip dip again this week-end. I REALLY wanted to eat it all in one setting. But instead, I portioned it out into 3 servings. I am enjoying it just as much; maybe even more, since I did what I said I would do! I did eat too many potato chips at one time. Next time, instead of eating them out of the bag, I will portion them out, too.

Today at lunch, I wanted something sweet after I had my soup. We have full sized candy bars in the drawer up front, and I thought about getting one. However, I wasn't feeling that hungry. I got 1 small piece of Dove dark chocolate, and ate it in about 6 bites or so, and just let it melt in my mouth. Wonderful, and very satisfying.

The next thing I need to work on is getting my exercise in regularly. I know I should do something tonight, but don't know if I will have the time. I need to start making the time.

No comments: