Monday, November 05, 2007

11/5/07

348.1

I went ahead and weighted this morning. Probably won't weigh again for a month or so. I did not do any weights during the football game yesterday. However, I took my resistance band to work today. At lunch I did 2 sets of 15 each of biceps curls, chest press, triceps extension and overhead press. I also did 2 sets 15 each of squats and calf raises w/no band. Lunch is really the best time for me to get in exercise, so I'm going to try to start doing 3 days a week of something at lunch. Tomorrow will be something cardio. I'm going to Steph's again on Wednesday night to DDR.

Eating was better this week-end. I tried an experiment, and bought a 24 oz cottage cheese, 16 oz french onion dip, and chips to see if I could exercise some portion control and self control. Normally, that is a 1 serving deal. I did make it last for 2 servings, and the dip 3. Next time I buy it, I'll go for 3 servings. We made some deer stew this week-end. Lots of veggies, and the deer is very lean. And I actually ate an apple yesterday. These steps sound small, but they are a lot for me. And small steps, done consistently over time, will make big changes.

*************************************
It's now after dinner. We went to Olive Garden. We limited ourselves to 3 bread sticks each, which is great improvement for me. I had the stuffed chicken prosciutto. It was nummy. Then, for dessert, we stopped at a new coffee bar, Juiced Cafe, and I got a decaf w/sugar-free hazelnut and skim milk. I am full, but not over-stuffed. We spent about an hour on dinner, and had a relaxed, wonderful date.

No comments: