Sunday, July 27, 2008

7.27.08

It's been a pretty undisciplined couple of weeks, although I have eaten better the last 2 days. I spoke with Rebecca, my health educator from my insurance, and I ran into Jean, the doctor who is running the study I participated in at ISU, and both occasions have kind of embarassed me into working harder. Not thru any fault of theirs; I just feel like I have let them down. But that's all about me, not anything they've done. Maybe I can use my neurosis to work for good!

I bought some individual packs of cottage cheese, and some cheese curd. It was cheaper than string cheese at the store I was at, and I can make my own packages up. I boiled some eggs, too. All of these things will be handy snacks at work. Easy to eat, and not carby.

Got a lot of exercise Saturday toting stuff out to the car and into Hulman center. At least it felt like a lot; I am so out of shape. I meant to do something today, but I was really enjoying a lazy day; it was a really busy week last week. I want to go to Zumba with my friend Shauna sometime soon. She really enjoys it, and it sounds like fun.

I'm switching my anti-depressant med, that I take for generalized anxiety disorder, from Zoloft to Pristiq. It works on both serotonin and norepinephrine, the latter of which is supposed to give you more energy. I could use that. Maybe it will help motivate me to exercise. The info says that one of the side effects is loss of appetite. That would rock!

No comments: