Sunday, July 06, 2008

7.6.2008

Hope you all had a great Independence Day! We had a cook-out with a few friends, and ate way too much.

I've been on vacay the past week, and my eating has alternated between bad and good. Inspired by my friend Shauna, I'm going to try fewer carbs, more protein. I'm not eliminating carbs all together, or even doing Atkins, just trying to limit my consumption. My fasting blood sugar from my blood work last month is evidence that it is not a bad idea. All my other blood work was good, though.

I'm going to try to eat most of my carbs early in the day, to get the kindling effect. I've prepared some snacks to keep in the fridge so I don't immediately go to the easy, carby pre-packaged snacks. That being said, there is still ice cream in the house. So if I have any of that, I need to control my portion. Two months left to get into that pink jersey...

No comments: