Friday, January 12, 2007

1/12/07

I did something today that I've never done before. I climbed 4 flights of stairs without stopping! WooHoo! We started tone and tighten class today w/the stairs, and I was less than thrilled. But, once I did it with no breaks, I felt great about it! I was breathing like a racehorse for the rest of class, but I did it! Now, mind you, no one cares if I take a break. Every one, instructors and students alike, are SO supportive of me. They acknowledge and encourage me to adapt moves I can't do (yet) and to make substitutions, and to take breaks when needed. That is one of the things I really like about the fitness center. Lots of support and encouragement. And lots of different body types. Sure, there are hard bodies and buff folks, but there are fat people and old people and everything else. I don't think I've ever felt intimidated by anyone there.

Eating has been better, more controlled the last 2 days. I am considering my choices, and not just eating mindlessly.

No comments: