Tuesday, January 09, 2007

1/9/07

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I did work out on Friday; went to tone and tighten class, where we did butts and abs. Didn't do anything Saturday and Sunday. Monday, I had a doctor's apt, so I used part of my lunch for that. But I did pretty well with my eating. And my doctor was pleased with my weight loss. Today, I didn't feel well. Have a cold again. So I didn't work out. But, I was careful with my eating. Had a grilled chicken salad. Too much salad dressing, though. I will weigh in tomorrow. Was up a pound at the doctor's office Monday, but I hope it was water gain from the Chinese food I ate Sunday for dinner. I had a LOT of soy sauce. I know, it sounds like a lot of excuses. And it is. But in my slacking, I have made some good choices.




Below is a picture of a bracelet I made. I call it my "40 x 40" bracelet. I'm going to use it to remind myself of my goal of losing 40 pounds by the time I turn 40, which is 6 months from Saturday. There are 2 rows of 40 silver-lined glass beads [40 by 40, get it?! ;^)] between the 2 ruby jade stones. The rest is silver beads and liquid silver twisted tubes.


One of the thoughts that ran through my head was, I have until Saturday. I can eat all I want until then. But, that's what has gotten me here in the first place. Putting off what I want someday for what I want right now. Well, someday is almost here. So I'm going to do my best to make good choices now. Saturday will include some challenges, as we are going to a friend's house to watch the Colts play the Ravens in the playoffs, but I will eat a small breakfast, and really watch my portions during the game. Kelly, if your reading this, remind me of this on Saturday!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bracelet is beautiful-wear it every day to help reinforce the 40 by 40 and you can do it- I have faith in you-love, mom

Shauna said...

How Cool! I can't wait to see it in person. I am afraid that I might have to steal it--but I would have to remove a few beads! How about 37 in 37!