Sunday, January 14, 2007

1/13/07

I did it! I went to watch football at Kevin & Kelly's, and I made good food choices. And the Colts won. Go Colts!

I only had a few chips, maybe 10 or so, with a lot of salsa and a little spinach and artichoke dip. I had one of Kelly's delicious, generously sized enchiladas, and some rice and a piece of jalapeno corn bread. I was very satisfied with what I ate, but wanted another enchilada because they were so good. But instead, I just sat in the living room and watched the game. Then Kelly and I engaged in some good conversation about our shared food issues. It's good to know that other people share your struggle. I did allow myself a yummy brownie, with 2 small scoops of ice cream and a little whipped cream. I know, that doesn't sound like such a good choice. But I wasn't pigging out all night; I was in control. It really helped being with people who will help me be accountable. (Thanks, Kelly.)

Also, since I didn't eat a ton, there were enchiladas left over (not that I would have eaten all of them!) and Kelly sent a couple home with us. So, I still get my extra one, just at an appropriate time.

I'm up too late now, and kinda feeling like I want something to eat. I don't know that I'm actually hungry. So I'm drinking some water and trying to get my mind off it. I had to turn the channel from Food Network tonight while watching tv; it was making me want to eat.

No comments: