Friday, May 11, 2007

5/11/07

331.8

Down 3.3 lbs from last weeks official weigh-in. So the intuitive eating must be working. I am especially happy that I did not gain over the week-end. I need to make time for more exercise, and stop making excuses. Tuesday night, I mowed the front yard for my exercise. It was very hot, but we waited until about 7, and it had cooled down nicely.
I'm trying again to eat more fruit and veggies. I've actually been wanting veggies lately. Monday night we ordered out, and instead of a calzone, I actually wanted a salad. I picked up some oranges and apples yesterday to snack on.

Typed the above on Wednesday. The last few days I've experienced the normal struggles. Trying to break the habit of eating past full. And of eating on auto-pilot. Exercise is a struggle, too. I'm not working out at lunch, and I don't work out at home because I'm too tired or have other stuff to do. I need to 1)get more sleep, and B)stop making excuses and just do it.

1 comment:

Vashta Narada said...

I'm glad to hear that the intuitive eating is working well. Don't worry about the fact that you're still working on breaking those habits of eating past full, unconscious eating, etc. It takes time and patience to change decades-old behaviors.

I know I'm dealing with similar issues right now, as well the dieting mentality behaviors I picked up as I lost weight. Once in a while I worry that I'm not doing it "right," but then remember that the whole point of IE is that we're throwing away the "Rules." We need to do what's best for US, not follow someone else's directions. I know I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that is, but I know in time if I listen to myself it'll come to me.

Keep up the good work!