Thursday, January 12, 2006

01/12/06

I ate WAY too much today. We had a drug rep lunch at work today. But Sean and I were going out for lunch, so it wasn't so bad, at first. I did have 1 spoonful of wonderful loaded baked potato mashed potatoes. We went to George's for lunch, and I had a gyro and 1/2 an order of fries. I had 1 cookie from the lunch when I got back to the office. Not so bad. I'm sure I blew my points out of the water, but I was controlling my portions. I figured we'd go for a walk after work, and I'd have a salad for dinner.

Then it came time for my afternoon snack. And instead of something sensible, like the oatmeal or orange I brought to work for just such an occasion, I got another (big) spoonful of potatoes, and some pasta salad. Pretty much filled up a dinner plate. I was miserable afterwards, physically and emotionally. I have done so well for a week and a half, and I blew it today. I want to remember that feeling, both of being too full and being disappointed in myself. I need to make that work for me. My body seems to be getting used to frequent, smaller meals. That much, and that many carbs all at once was not a good thing.

We did go for a walk after work, at Collett Park. Not real long, 15 or 20 minutes, but up and moving none the less. And it was so nice to see the sun today. We saw 3 squirrels, too.

No comments: