Saturday, January 07, 2006

1/7/06

Still on the "good" track. Last night, went w/the girls after work to Charlie's Pub & Grub to celebrate Sandy passing her boards for her LPN. I had 1 drink, diet w/rum and lime. And got the chicken strip basket w/tots. Yes, it was all fried, but it was about portion control. And I ate slowly and savored it. I wanted something sweet when I got home, so I had one of my 100 calorie packs of Chips Deluxe. You really get quite a few cookies in there!

I was craving mayo yesterday. I had 1 tablespoon on my salad, mixed with some Pampered Chef dill mix. It was good, but not nearly enough. So today I bought some reduced fat mayo. I was looking for fat free, hoping that if I mixed stuff w/it it would taste okay, but K-mart didn't have any. Odd. I really don't like much fat free stuff. It tastes plastic-y.

I don't think it is just my influence, but many of the girls at work are going up to the fitness center now. You know, first of the year, want to lose weight. But I'm glad for the companionship, and accountability.

I'm feeling really good about so many "good" days in a row. I know I will indulge again. But getting a week under my belt will make me feel like I can achieve it. It is a good start.

Jimmy John's has been my friend the last few days. Thursday, I got a Vito for dinner, and stayed within my points for the day. Today at lunch, I got a Tuna Club. May exceed my points for the day, but I will be working w/portion control. I should have picked the Sorry Charlie, which has a little less tuna, and no cheese. I found a web site, here, that has point values for tons of stuff, including a lot of restaurants.

No exercise today. Although Sean is usually parking far from the door when we shop. Yesterday I did the tone & tighten class at the fitness center. My hamstrings are paying for it today! But it is a good ache. Next week I'm going back to 4 days a week; Monday and Friday cardio, and Tuesday and Thursday weights.

No comments: