Tuesday, March 20, 2007

3/20/07--evening

Came here tonight to beat up on myself awhile. We didn't go for a walk. I was tired, so I took a nap instead. And I ate too much today. Again.

Why can't I just do what I know is right? Why does it have to be such a struggle to eat right and exercise? I know so much about what to eat and what not to eat, how much to eat, what to do. Why can't I just put it into practice?

Okay, so tomorrow will be a better day. I will go up to the gym and do something at lunch. And I will try to eat less, and better.

Just why does it have to be so hard???

(sorry, done whining now.)

1 comment:

Vashta Narada said...

I have SO been where you are right now, and not very long ago, either. And I don't kid myself that I won't be there again.

Getting into the "groove" of eating healthy/mindfully and exercising is such a tenuous thing. I have tons of journal entries beating myself up and wishing and hoping and praying I could recapture that attitude and motivation.

And then, when I do manage to get myself back in the groove, I sit there and scratch my head and can't figure out how it happened.

All I can say is, in my experience, you have to just keep trying. No matter how many "bad" days or weeks I had, I kept trying to get back on track. And out of sheer stubborness I guess my brain finally gave in.

So just hang in there. Each new day is an opportunity to try again and do the best you can. Please try not to beat yourself up; the fact that you do care about this is proof that you're heading in the right direction.