Saturday, March 03, 2007

3/3/07

Ate like a pig Wednesday night after ArtReach. Just kept shoving food into my mouth. Then Thursday morning, I almost ate a donut without even thinking. Someone brought them in to work, and there was a maple-top cream-filled one, which is my fave. But I figured it would just make me feel worse about myself, so I didn't eat it. Then, at lunch, I could smell the donuts, and realized, you can't eat one of those, you gave up sweets for Lent! So I'm extra glad I didn't eat it.

Thursday night, I went to Kelly's house to do yoga then watch Survivor. The yoga tape had a Christian focus, and was fun. Worked up a little bit of a sweat, and neither of us fell over, so that was good. One of her cats, Max the Manx, decided he wanted to lie on my yoga mat. I guess it was comfy! I was sore on Friday, but nothing a couple of Advil couldn't handle. Today, my triceps are sore. Friday I did cardio, 20 minutes on cross trainer, so I couldn't be that. All I can figure is that downward dog made me sore. Oh well. If schedules allow, I think we're going to do yoga again this Thursday.

I had to go to the gas station to get a bag of ice tonight, and I was surrounded by candy. I really wanted some, too, but instead opted for some sugar-free Life Savers Fruit Tarts. Pretty tasty. I wanted to buy some cottage cheese, too, figuring on binging. But, a cottage cheese binge is nothing without potato chips, which I have also given up for Lent, so no go there. Hopefully, I'll make some good eating and spiritual habits during this season.

My devotional today mentioned mourning the loss of the familiar again. But I think maybe I would like to experience some unknown. Like what it's like to eat appropriate portions at appropriate times. To stop when I'm full. God's gonna be there when I get to these unfamiliar places, so maybe I should just jump in.

No comments: