Wednesday, March 07, 2007

3/7/07.2

329.1!

Down 1.7, and out of the 30s. In the past 2 months, I've lost 10.5 lbs. I need to do my measurements again. I have a couple of pairs of jeans that I wear a belt with, and I have noticed that I have to do it up a little tighter. I don't know if the changes are such that any one else can notice yet, but I do. I tried on the elusive black scrub pants last week, and they still aren't fit for public consumption. The waist is getting looser, but the tummy looks like I have a butt in the front! UGH! I'll try them again in 10 more pounds.

I'm happy with the loss over the last 2 months. It is a little off my desired pace, and if I keep losing at the same rate I will miss my 40x40 goal. However, it is still great progress. I am going to try to increase the loss. There is definitely more room for improving both my eating and my exercise. But that does not diminish my accomplishment so far. I am very happy with what I have achieved.

Weight work-out today. Did 2 sets 15 each of seated chest press, leg extensions, triceps pull-down, low back extension, standing hamstring curls, seated shoulder press and biceps curls. Did it in a circuit again.

I'm having blood work drawn tomorrow, as part of our company insurance wellness program. For some reason, I'm not expecting better results than last year, even though I have lost weight, exercised, and done some better with my eating. I'll post results as I have them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you!!!!!!!!!
You are doing it the way it should be done, slow and steady. If only I had that much will power. Am going to try walking again when the weather gets nicer. Again, congratulations!!!!!!!!
Love, mom

Vashta Narada said...

Congrats on leaving the 30s. Each milestone is something to celebrate.

I found in my journey that the goals I set for myself didn't always happen; our bodies and our lives are quirky things. Things happen that detour us, and we encounter setbacks and plateaus.

The most important thing is to hang in there. Try to focus on the daily goals -- eating, exercise -- and don't get overwhelmed with the long term expectations and how long it's going to take to get there. It helps a lot.