Monday, February 12, 2007

2/12/07

Have you ever been journaling, and what came out of your pen just seem to come from nowhere? That's what happened with me this morning in my life journaling time. Here's what I wrote this morning, after reading Leviticus 18 & 19:

So many rules in Leviticus! But again, they are for our protection, our health and safety. We need boundaries--without them, we would just do whatever felt good, and reap the consequences later.

This applies directly to my eating. I don't want to follow any rules. I want to eat whatever I want, when I want. But that's how I got to where I am today. I've spent 39 years not following the rules--no wonder it's so hard trying to follow them now! But I've got to if I want to reach my goals.

Help me, Lord. You've made guidelines for everything, including how I eat. Help me to eat foods that are good for me, in quantities that are good for me. Help me to get the exercise my body desires. Let the desire for what's good win out over the cravings for what is bad for me.

So that's what's been on my mind today. And I think I was able to put it into practice some. Went to tone and tighten class, where we did an all-over workout. I ate pretty well today, too. And I made a new 40 x 40 bracelet. I've lost the other one. Stupid toggle clasp. Once I sewed the twist into the 40 x 40 section, the toggle didn't want to stay the right direction, and would come off more easily than I would have liked. Which it must have done at some point Friday, which is the last time I remember having it on. So I made a new one, a little different, with a lobster claw clasp. Harder to get on, but also harder to get off. I'll post a pic soon.

No comments: