Thursday, February 01, 2007

2/1/07

Weighed in yesterday at 333.3. Only .8 lb, but 6.3 lbs in the last 3 weeks. Very happy with that!

I was kinda expecting a gain, as I've been eating too much this week, but very pleased to see the loss. I am on track so far to reach my goal of 40 by 40.

SOOOOOOOOOOO didn't want to work out yesterday or today, but talked myself into it. Won't get to my goals without working out. Didn't want to go to class yesterday; just wasn't in the mood to do a bunch of stuff I didn't want to do like lunges and squats and the stairs. So I did 20 minutes on the treadmill. Incline of 1 the whole time, and max speed of 2.7 or 2.8 or so. Today I did 20 minutes on the elliptical on a program that went up and stayed there, then down and up and stayed there again, then finished down.

I'm just kinda in a funk with not wanting to work out right now. So I'm just trying to keep talking myself in to going, even when I don't want too. I changed my birth control about 3 weeks ago, and I wonder if that is contributing to my moodiness. I doesn't seem to be all the time; mostly when it comes time to work out. I suppose could be the cold, kinda dreary weather. Or I might just be lazy. Whatever it is, I'm still gonna shoot for at least 4 days a week.

I feel like eating a lot lately, too. Last night, after Art Reach, I went to Wal-mart. I wasn't hungry. But just because I had money, I wanted to get a snack. And not something healthy. And a lot of whatever it was. But, I got to shopping in the bead section, and walked out with just beads and a bunch of bananas for breakfasts. Distraction to the rescue! I did end up snacking, but at least I fought of the urge for a little while. And saved my money.

So I guess I need to re-focus. Which may be difficult what with the Super Bowl party/chili cook-off at church Sunday. I'll take some diet soda, and maybe a couple of 100 calorie candy bars to share. [I'll only eat one, promise ;^)]

2 comments:

Vashta Narada said...

I've just started a new birth control pill, too, and I'm definitely considering myself in a "transition" period right now. So hopefully we can both hang in there until our body adjusts to the changes. Keep up the good work!

Shauna said...

Be grateful that your birth control only sabotages you some of the time. Mine keeps me horribly moody all the time! :^)