Tuesday, February 20, 2007

2/20/07

Just finished enjoying 2 fat-free chocolate and vanilla pudding cups. I'm giving up sweets for Lent, and wanted one last hurrah. There are obvious health benefits, but I hope spiritual as well. When I want sweets, I can turn to God:


Psalm 34:8 (New International Version)
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.


Psalm 119:102-104 (New International Version)
102 I have not departed from your laws, for you yourself have taught me.
103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path.


Last year, I gave up added salt for Lent. Again, health reasons, and to help remember that I am to be the salt of the earth (Matt. 5:13)

I am going to make myself a little Easter basket, with some Peeps and Cadbury Mini eggs, to be enjoyed after services Easter Sunday.

I did 20 minutes on the elliptical today, on the interval program. Forgot to take my mp3 player to work, but fortunately I had a good magazine. And no one else was watching the tv near me, so I could watch what I wanted. Which was the local noon news and some garden show.

No comments: