Sunday, November 05, 2006

11/05/06

I actually did some planning today, and made a good choice at lunch. For breakfast, I had 2 pieces whole wheat toast w/butter and Parmesan. Then a cup of coffee at church. I wasn't really hungry yet when I got home from church, but was looking in the freezer for something to eat. I had been planning on having salad w/some sort of meat, since I am making chili (as we speak) to eat w/Kevin & Kelly while watching the Colts/Patriots game after church. I saw that we had tater tots, and thought, I'll eat those. Then I thought, no, I don't need them, I'll eat too many, and I'm not actually hungry yet anyway. So I sat down and read the newspaper. After I read a few sections, I was actually hungry. So I made a large salad, with 8 or 10 slices of salami (the small ones, not the lunch-meat sized ones), cheese, croutons and dressing. Could I have had less cheese and salami? Sure. But was it a better choice than too many tater tots? Yes. And tonight I can eat chili, and a small bit of Kelly's dessert, and not feel guilty.

No comments: