Tuesday, November 14, 2006

11/14/06

Did 30 minutes on the cross trainer today, on the weight loss program. Felt good. It was a hectic, short-handed day at work today, and that workout in the middle of the day sure helps!

TV fasting is going fine. Sean and I have enjoyed 2 nights of dinner conversation. We have talked about turning off the tv at dinner before, but never followed through. I think that when this is done we could do it at least 3 nights a week. We are having Nate and Laura over as usual before poker and Art Reach tomorrow night, and hopefully they won't mind no tv.

I am going to fast from food on Thursday. Just juice and Carnation Instant Breakfast. Thursday is after my weigh-in, so I think I can do it without it being about dieting. Today in my life journaling, I came across this:


22If anyone won't love the Master, throw him out. Make room for the Master!
1 Corinthians 16:22 (The Message)

That's what I'm trying to do by fasting; make room for the Master. There is nothing inherently wrong with TV, but I need to stop putting it ahead of God. And I need to start trusting God to help me have a right relationship with food. Start trusting Him to be strong in my weak places. So I think I can fast from food for one day, and do it for the right reasons. We'll see.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hey sister! I've found that praying scripture is very powerful. If you feel that this verse is God's will for you, pray it. God will move if it's His will & you pray it.


This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him. --1 John 5:14-15