Monday, November 06, 2006

11/6/06

Went to tone and tighten class today. We did a little bit of everything today. Rebecca was teaching, and class kicked my butt.

I usually don't stand in front of the mirror; I'm usually off to the left side a little. But today, I was a little late, chairs for use in class were already set up, and I was in the front row, in front of the mirror. When we were doing triceps extensions, bent over using the chair for support, I looked at myself in the mirror. UGH! The image I see there is not what I see in my head. I found it kinda depressing. I look like a big cow! But I need to use that image, accurate image, as motivation. What I actually look like is not who I want to be. Maybe it isn't even who I really am? I want to make the image in the mirror match that I have inside. Curvy, fit. Not a skinny-minny, by any means. But strong, powerful. Womanly.

I'm going to take pictures. Not for this blog; just for me. I have some skinny pictures out for motivation. Maybe I need some tubby pictures, too. And maybe I can photoshop them to help imagine what I want to become.

On a less depressing note, I do think my torso looked a little slimmer in the mirror. I need to take my measurements. I doubt they will be any smaller than they were before I stopped working out this summer. But, my scrubs are feeling looser around the hips, my "first" tummy roll doesn't seem as big.

No comments: