Wednesday, November 15, 2006

11/15/06 - goal

337.4.

Not the 3 pounds I set for a goal, but good none the less. 1 1/2-2 pounds a week is a good rate of loss. I may have set my goal too aggressively, especially since I'll be starting my period this week-end. And, I ate like a pig on Sunday. Gotta stop doing that! Goal for next week, even with Thanksgiving, is 335. I guess I'd rather set my goals too high than too low. I need to make an eating plan for turkey day, and exercise goals for that day, too. Maybe a nice walk after dinner.

TV fasting is going well. Nate and Laura didn't mind a bit not having tv on during dinner. The times I'm really wanting tv is in the morning when I get up, and at 6pm, both for the news. It's a habit. I think that when I'm done fasting, I should continue to not watch tv in the mornings until I get completely ready for work. I am always running late, and sometimes it's just because I don't shut the tv off. Might miss something, you know. And I really am enjoying the morning devotional time. Although this morning, I was tired and didn't want to get up, and I felt a little rushed with my devotional, so I felt a little guilty as I was doing it. Kinda screwy--doing something good, but feeling guilty! I need to adjust my black & white vision, (blush & bashful, Shauna!) and allow for some days when I'll need to wait til evening to devote. I think the reason I felt guilty was that I knew I had a lot of plans for the evening, and didn't want to leave devotions out.

Anyway, I do feel that this fasting is helping me be closer to God, and hear Him better. I will watch tv again, of course! But I will leave it off more, too, to leave more quiet space for God.

Oh yeah--did tone and tighten class today. Rebecca was teaching. We did legs, legs and legs. And some abs. I'm already sore! So tomorrow should be fun.

No comments: