Friday, October 13, 2006

10/13/06 - g

Started to feel kinda sick Wednesday night. Last evening, my sinuses were getting stuffy and my was throat still sore. Today, more of the same, but not necessarily worse. But I was tired, and didn't feel much like moving around a lot, so I did weights instead of tone and tighten class. Which was just as well, as I was the only one who showed up besides the instructor. It is Friday, which notoriously has bad attendance, and it is fall break for the schools around here. I did get to talk with the instructor, Rebecca, though. I haven't seen her in a while, since I dropped my membership for awhile, so it was good to catch up with her.

I started thinking about some goals while I was working out today. I would like to be at 320 by the end of the year, and 270 by my 40th birthday. I think both are realistic, if I buckle down with my eating.

Speaking of eating, I've done pretty well this week, until tonight. I at a big bowl of chili, with some crackers and too much cheese. And it would have been okay if I stopped there. But I also ate some leftover pasta, and 2 dinner rolls with a lot of butter. I guess I was just feeling sick and tired, and wanted to eat. But I'm not going to let that spoil the whole week-end. Back to eating well the next time I eat.

And I think I sweated out my cold a little bit while I worked out. My throat is still kinda funky. I'm enjoying a nice hot cup of lemon tea as I type.

Tomorrow is Race for the Cure. It's gonna be cold, but I'll bundle up in layers, and a stocking cap. I'll be active, so I should be fine. And I can pretty much take it easy all afternoon/evening, except for some grocery shopping. Hopefully my throat will be fine for singing back-up Sunday night at church. A little huskiness could help my voice.

No comments: